Day 10: Final Reflection (Nate Savarese)

 In the end, I am very proud of my project and happy with the way that it ended up turning out. I think that my pets are going to like it, and if they don't it can still be used as a shelf or storage cabinet. I feel like, through the course of making it, I have become more confident and enjoyed making it more and more. After I finished designing it, I was very worried that I bit off more than I could chew, but then after working on it every day, I ended up planning it perfectly because I did the last step the morning of the last day. I learned many skills such as advanced table saw cuts, edge banding, how to joint, how to plan, how to put in dowels, how to make pocket screws, and many many more things that learned. I am proud of the whole project, but mostly the fact that I think I can now make many wood projects very easily by putting my new skills to use. My biggest challenge was when I put veneer in the circles on the front, then changed my mind directly after. This set me back more than half a day because the glue was almost impossible to undo. I had to experiment with many methods to get it off, then when I did I had to think of what to replace it with. Because my project is finished, I plan to put a lot of pillows and cushions inside of it to make it comfortable for my pets so that they can stay in it. I also intend to decorate the top by maybe putting a plant or other cool things on top of it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Intro to wood working (Nate)

Day One - Just Getting Started (Aiden)

Day Ten: The End (Aiden)