Day Ten: The End (Aiden)

The End

(At the time of writing this, my lamp project isn't complete, so I'll be talking mainly about my bedside table project.)

I put the last coat of finishing oil on my bedside table project today, and that marked the final step in completing it as complete. With it done, I think I honestly really like how it turned out, and I think the finishing oil really brought out some vibrant colors in the wood, making it look like it was done by a professional. I did realize shortly after finishing that I put the phone holder on the wrong side, as I usually place my phone close to me on my bedside table, but aside from that small error and the slight lean of the bedside table forward due to the base not being at a perfect 90 degree angle I think that it's pretty perfect and it turned out really close to the way I wanted. That being said, the journey to getting it this way wasn't easy and I think that, despite having a passion for woodworking and doing projects in my garage long before this, this course taught me a lot more techniques for really focusing on the fine details and gave me the close-by expert help of Mr. Grisbee so I could attempt techniques like using the dedo stack, something that I've never gotten to see before, much less in use. In the end, I'm glad I tried to do things I've never done before and took the time to really get into the fine details of my project, as that ended up really paying off and created something that in my opinion, is really great. Now that it's done, I get to take it home and it will officially become my daily-use bedside table.


My bedside table in a bedroom


My bedside table in the workshop/tinkeria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Intro to wood working (Nate)

Day One - Just Getting Started (Aiden)