Day 9: Finished? (Nate Savarese)

 

My Cabinet Yesterday


Today was mostly finishing touches. I started the day off by power sanding everything except the legs with 150 grit sandpaper. This took up most of the morning Because I had to make sure that I was being thorough and sanding everything evenly. For the remainder of the morning, I sanded the legs by hand. This was very annoying because my hand kept on cramping from the position that I was holding the paper. After lunch, I started by repeating that process but with 220 grit sandpaper. This made the wood a lot smoother. I then attached the legs to the wood and evened them out so the wood would stay sturdy and not be wobbly. Then I used a piece of cloth and a beeswax finish mixture to give the wood dark natural walnut color.

My Cabinet Today




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Intro to wood working (Nate)

Day One - Just Getting Started (Aiden)

Day Ten: The End (Aiden)