Day 9: Finally Finished (Isaak)

 The day started with me using steel wool on my board and its frame to get rid of excess gunk after that I put the final coat of finishing, after the last stroke a great feeling of accomplishment came over me. I moved on to the checker pieces. Once I found out that there was an easier way to trace the symbols of the pieces the work went much faster. I then wanted to make sure that the symbols would fit and look good on the circular pieces I made circles on the software and put the symbols on top till it looked good. Then after realizing that the circles were actually less than an inch by a little less than 0.04 inches, I had to do a redesign, I only had to shrink the symbols a little, then centered them with the laser and started to engrave. During this process I messed up by using a purple heart circle for the king instead of my planed padauk circle easy fix I just made the king and queen on the opposite color out of padauk. I applied finisher on them and my work here is done and I am very relieved. 

These are the chess/checker pieces.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Intro to wood working (Nate)

Day One - Just Getting Started (Aiden)

Day Ten: The End (Aiden)