Day 8: house on legs (Nate Savarese )

Almost finished house on legs

Today, I made the legs for the table, and finally sorted out the inside of my circles. In the morning, I used a sandpaper bit on the Dremel to get all of the super glued veneers out of the inside of my circles. I replaced the circles with dark black paint, when the paint dried, it kind of looked like the wood was burnt into charcoal but it also gave it a really cool look. For the legs, I got three pieces of walnut wood and trimmed them down to how I wanted them to be. I then got two really thick pieces of scrap walnut that I used to cut out the peg legs. for the peg legs, I trimmed them to a block, then did an angled cut to make a taper on the leg. then I used the router to round the edges of the legs to make them more smooth and look better. Next, I screwed the legs and boards together to make a rectangle using the pocket hole technique to make the screws sturdy. I did mess up with the screws multiple times by cracking the wood, screwing too far to have the screws poke out the edge of the wood. This took a lot of time to fix and it finished out my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Intro to wood working (Nate)

Day One - Just Getting Started (Aiden)

Day Ten: The End (Aiden)