Day 7: The glue up

 

Clamps holding glue together
Today wad a very pivotal day for me, this is because I went from a lot of random boards and pieces of wood, to a whole dog house. I started this morning with finishing my top dowels. Dowels need to go on the top and bottom of every piece for structural integrity. Right before lunch, I was finally able to start gluing all the edges together, and clamping them down. After lunch there was not much that I could do because my build needed to stay still, but the circles on the front were not obstructed by anything so I was able to start super gluing the veneer to the insides of them. This was not that easy of a process because I kept gluing my fingers together and had to rinse them in solvent for a really long time. After I finished all the veneer, I decided that it looked terrible and started the long hard process of undoing superglue. This took me to the end of the day of trying to find as many techniques as I can to get rid of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Intro to wood working (Nate)

Day One - Just Getting Started (Aiden)

Day Ten: The End (Aiden)